The radio stations I listen to in the Seattle area are:
- 88.5 FM "KPLU"
- jazz, blues, etc. operated by Pacific Lutheran University
- NPR (National Public Radio) affiliate, so there are
good interviews and news broadcasts in the evenings
from all over the world, sometimes even longer
stories -- i experience
- summary at: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KPLU-FM
- 89.5 FM "KNHC"
- 90.3 FM "KEXP"
- Independent music, not mainstream. Historically
from UW (so all streaming servers are in
.washington.edu -- very fast)
- can listen online and even go back in time 2 weeks
so if you want to know what song was playing when
you heard it, it's very convenient.
- summary at: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KEXP-FM
- 98.1 FM "KING"
There are some other more mainstream stations too,
like 93.3 (pop, rap, r&b), 95.7 (classical rock) and
107.7 (modern rock), but the frequent commercials on
these stations turn me away.
, updated 2006-05-09 03:06 EDT